The most frequently used treatment involves commercial medications, such as omeprazole. However, lifestyle modifications may be effective as well.
Simply changing your dietary habits or the way you sleep may significantly reduce your symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux, improving your quality of life.
- 1. Don’t Overeat
- 2. Lose Weight
- 3. Follow a Low-Carb Diet
- 4. Limit Your Alcohol Intake
- 5. Don’t Drink Too Much Coffee
- 6. Chew Gum
- 7. Avoid Raw Onion
- 8. Limit Your Intake of Carbonated Beverages
- 9. Don’t Drink Too Much Citrus Juice
- 10. Consider Eating Less Chocolate
- 11. Avoid Mint, If Needed
- 12. Elevate the Head of Your Bed
- 13. Don’t Eat Within Three Hours of Going to Bed
- 14. Don’t Sleep on Your Right Side