- Elderberry has been shown to seriously combat the common cold as well as the flu. Science has actually shown it can shorten flu symptoms by an average of four days.
- When taken properly, it typically has no negative side effects.
- There are so many options when it comes to how you can consume elderberries, from juice to tea to jam.
- One of the most popular ways to take elderberry, especially for a cold or flu, is a syrup, which is relatively easy to make at home.
- Research is showing its potential ability to fight cancer, and hopefully more research is coming soon.
- It's also been shown to help lower blood sugar and ease allergies.
- Elderberry has a pleasant berry flavor, and most people find it easy to take elder plant products.