Recently, Time magazine reported on an increased link between milk consumption and Parkinson's disease. Robert Abbott, from Shiga University of Medical Science in Japan, published his findings in the journal Neurology . In the 1980s, pineapple farmers in Hawaii used an organochlorine pesticide on their crops. This pesticide got into the milk supply when cows were fed a gruel that contained the leftover parts from those pineapples. Men who consumed 2 glasses or more per day of this milk, which now had residues of specific organochlorines called heptachlor epoxide, had compromised nerve function in specific areas of the brain. As the scientists investigated when the cell damage had actually occurred, they found that the chemical accumulation had occurred prior to the damage, which points to the pesticide bringing about Parkinson's.