Dr. Sundgren is a sharp Gainesville practitioner working to solve problems with digestion that are otherwise not well treated with conventional medicine. In his practice, Standard Process professional supplements are utilized (a great choice in my opinion). He gets my thumbs up for his efforts (no kickbacks here, just a legitimately good guy)! Just tell him Dr. Bray sent you and he will take good care of you - he's always accepting new patients - (352) 870-9397.
Gastric A&P, August 19, Wednesday, 5-6 PM (already passed)
- Stomach gross and microscopic anatomy. Stomach and related organ physiology, including exocrine function and digestive endocrine coordination. Some related gastric pathophysiology and pathology may be covered if time permits.
- Conditions affected by stomach function include dyspepsia (functional, acute, and chronic), indigestion, sour stomach, gas, bloating, belching, abdominal discomfort, bad breath, hypochlorhydria, achlorhydra, gastritis (acute, chronic, atrophic), gastric ulcer, acid reflux, heartburn, esophagitis, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), silent reflux, dysbiosis, small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), bowel toxicity, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), food allergies including allergy to wheat and gluten, candidiasis, iron deficiency anemia, body toxicity, B-12 deficiency, pernicious anemia, osteopenia, osteoporosis, and depressed immune function.
Biliary A&P, September 16, Wednesday, 5-6 PM
- Liver and gallbladder gross and microscopic anatomy. Liver, gallbladder, and related organ physiology as it relates to digestion, including bile formation and secretion and digestive endocrine coordination. Some related biliary pathophysiology and pathology may be covered if time permits.
- Condition affected by liver and gallbladder function include dyslipidemia, high cholesterol, essential fatty acid (omega 3 & 6) imbalance, sex hormone imbalances, food allergies, sluggish gallbladder (biliary sludge), gallstones, cholecystectomy, intolerance to fatty meals, upper right abdominal discomfort after fatter meals. Relative to digestion, the liver is also directly affected by metabolic syndrome and diabetes mellitus type II in the formation of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (steatosis).
Pancreas A&P, October 21, Wednesday, 5-6 PM
- Pancreas gross and microscopic anatomy. Pancreas physiology related to digestion, including exocrine function and digestive endocrine coordination. Also covered will be the role of the pancreas in blood glucose management. Some related pancreas pathophysiology and pathology may be covered if time permits.
- Conditions affected by pancreas function include indigestion, gas, bloating, flatulence, lactose intolerance, fatty stools (steatorrhea), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), food allergies including allergy to wheat and gluten, dysbiosis, diarrhea, constipation, high and low blood sugar (hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia), mood swings, and weight gain.
Classes inside at Civic Media Center, 433 S. Main Str, Gainesville, FL.
FREE. Donation to Citizens’ Co-op and Civic Media Center encouraged.